Checklist for Nordic Citizens
Finland, Iceland, Norway & Sweden.
This checklist gives an overview of the fomalities for Nordic citizens, who have accepted employment at UC.
Before arrival in Denmark:
If you keep residence in Sweden/Norway you do not have to register as a resident in Denmark and can move on to 3).
After arrival in Denmark:
1) When you move to Denmark you must notify the Danish National Register ("Folkeregister") in the town where you plan to live, within 5 days after arrival in Denmark.
2) Once registered, you will within a few weeks receive a personal registration number (CPR.-number) and a National Health certificate ("sygesikringsbevis") in the mail.
3) This point only applies if you will work in Denmark, but continue to have residence in your home country. Apply for a Danish taxation registration number at "Grænsegængercenter SKATØresund".
4) Apply for a tax card at your local "Skattecenter" unless you qualify for the special taxation scheme for researchers recruited abroad.
5) If you would like to opt for "25 % researcher taxation"
- check the conditions
- downlaod the application form (word.doc)
- fill in the form and let the head of your institute approve and sign it
- send the duly signed form to the Personnel Department (P&J)
6) Open a Danish bank account as soon as you have received your CPR/registration number, and request your bank to register this account as a "NemKonto"
7) Please inform/send the Personnel Department (P&J) the following:
- your Danish private address
- your Danish cpr number or taxation registration number
- your Danish tax card or the duly signed 25 % taxation application form
- your Danish bank account (NemKonto)