Boost your research career with Twitter and LinkedIn
In this course, you will learn how to monitor specific fields, share via Twitter and LinkedIn networks, and integrate social media into conferences, seminars, research and communication.
You will see what Twitter and LinkedIn can do, and how you as a researcher and communicator can get the platforms to work together. In the course we will go through the following. How to:
- be strategic in your use of social media
- set up personal routines, augmented by automation, for monitoring news and ideas from specific research areas.
- integrate social media in events and conferences
- get other people involved in your research
- use Twitter and LinkedIn to expand your network
- crowdsource content for specific research projects
- create a personal social media brand, centered on your own expertise
- extend your reach and better define your own research field at an international level
- make yourself the expert on popular research/science platforms like Reddit and Quora
The course consists of two morning workshops. In the first one (day one), you find an element within your own research area or specialty that can be used for a catchy concept on Twitter, LinkedIn or other research-oriented platforms.
Your homework between the two workshop days is to implement this concept and to start sharing.
In the second workshop (day 2), you will get feedback on your work so you can refine your concept for even greater impact.
Read more and sign up via Course Catalogue on KUnet (intranet):