CV and Cover Letter Workshop
Shaping your future workshop
Your CV and cover letter are the first point of contact with an employer and is the make or break of your job application! It needs to be interesting to read, clear and concise. It should make a good first impression.
From the employer’s perspective, it is the only available information with which to assess your skills and suitability for a job. Everything in your CV tells a potential new employer something about you. Its purpose is to secure you a job interview. It won't get you the job itself - that is down to you during your interview.
Join this workshop and learn:
- How you can personalise your CV and cover letter
- Tips on how to reflect your transferable skills in your CV and cover letter
- The importance of the cover letter, CV layout and presentation
The content of this interactive workshop focuses on inspiring you, and sharing practical methods on how you can strengthen and personalise your job application material. Some of the questions we will go more in depth with include:
- What types of CVs are there?
- What is the difference between an academic CV and resume?
- How to create a winning CV and cover letter?
- What are the dos & don’ts?
Apart from giving you ideas on how you can personalise your material, this session will also be interactive with some exercises and group work. Further, the workshop will be informal and you will get the opportunity to knowledge share and network with other like-minded professionals.