International Spouse Career Lunches 2020
These events are held in an informal setting, but provide a chance for internationals to network, meet with other spouses and to share both professional and personal experiences and interests.
Apart from enjoying a delightful lunch and meeting new acquaintances, these events will also have a career focus on giving you tips on career-related topics and cultural aspects in Denmark. Some of the topics could range:
- Do you need new ideas on how to enhance your job search?
- Do you know how to create a CV or resume that stands out to employers?
- Have you mastered the Danish hygge?
Each month’s theme will be conceptualised based on input from guest speakers, recruiters/head hunters, international spouses and expats.
Children are very welcome to the event; a cosy kid’s area has been set up to occupy them creatively.
15th of January
10:00 - 13:00 hrs
Theme: Alternative job search methods; Why an internship or employment with salary subsidy? What does it mean and how does it work?
As an accompanying spouse pursuing a career in Denmark, you have the possibility to apply for measures promoting employment. These measures are known as internships (4-13 weeks) or employment with salary subsidy (3-6 months) - løntilskud in Danish.
Why begin an internship or employment with salary subsidy?
- An opportunity for regular employment with the company afterwards
- Opens up possibilities of finding a job that matches your qualifications
- References and network for finding a regular job
- Clarify your qualifications and goals regarding education and work
- Possibility of job training while receiving a salary
- Improve your Danish skills
Come and get more information about these alternative job search methods and how they work!
Facilitator: Dorthe Kingo Vesterlund - Project Coordinator at Copenhagen Career Program
Location: Gyldenløvesgade 11, 6th floor, 1600 Copenhagen V