Tax Identification Number (TIN)

To ensure compliance with tax regulations, the University of Copenhagen is required to obtain the Tax Identification Number (TIN) for employees and guest researchers residing outside Denmark. This information is essential for accurate tax reporting and fulfilling our obligations as employer.  

What is a TIN?

The Tax Identification Number (TIN) is a unique identifier assigned to individuals for tax-related transactions and obligations.

Where can you find your TIN?

If you are uncertain about the TIN or it is not readily available, the information can typically be found on official documents such as income tax returns from your country of residence, government-issued identification cards, or correspondence from the respective country's tax authorities. You can also contact the tax authorities in your country of residence to get information about your TIN.

In addition to this, you can find further information about how to locate your TIN on the following websites: