International Dual Career Network Copenhagen
As members of IDCN Copenhagen, you will have the possibility to participate in many events, workshops and courses. This is a great opportunity to either meet interesting people, receive information about working and living in Denmark or being actively involved in a dynamic network.
IDCN Copenhagen was founded by the University of Copenhagen in March 2016. Four other organisations joined the initial IDCN Copenhagen Steering Committee: DTU - Technical University of Denmark, Mærsk, Novo Nordisk and Vestas. These companies recognised that international staff are more likely to stay long term when their partners and families become a valued part of the community. For most spouses this means finding gainful employment. We estimate that there are 10,000 unemployed spouses in the Copenhagen region. IDCN Copenhagen has grown rapidly and we now has 19 Corporate Members. Our members are very diverse in what they do, which is great news for our partner members.
The IDCN network is active all around the world! Click here to see a list of the countries where the IDCN is active.
The activities of IDCN Copenhagen are focused around career events hosted by Corporate Members. Corporate Members agree to host one career event within every 1-2 years. IDCN events are organized throughout the year in the different locations to give partner members an opportunity to:
- Collect useful information on how best to search for jobs in the region
- Get visibility of job opportunities and meet with recruiters from the Corporate Members
- Receive practical tips and guidance from Human Resources professionals on how to prepare for and organize their job search in the most effective and impactful manner
- Share success stories, valuable experiences and challenges with other partners
- Build meaningful relationships and networks which will help them to move ahead
We are a volunteer-based organisation, with partner volunteers managing events through a Partner Committee in liaison with mentors in the Steering Committee. This gives the Partner Committee members an opportunity to showcase their skills in a professional environment. We also have a Talent Management Platform - a searchable database for companies where partner members can upload their CVs and personal profiles.
We have also put together this leaflet: Partner leaflet